Hearty Halal Breakfasts in East London
It’s not for nothing that breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day, even more so, of course, when it’s Halal and healthy.
This meal ends the overnight fasting period and replenishes the supply of glucose, as well as other important nutrients, to keep our energy levels up right throughout the day.
So to help you kickstart yours, here’s a comprehensive list of restaurants and cafes across East London that offer good Halal breakfasts, both traditional English and so-called desi-oriented ones.
And let us know below if you do try any of our suggestions.
Masala Chai Nashta has a dynamic approach, constantly adding new items to the ever expanding menu to cater to the customers in East London.
Their desi breakfast includes spicy omelette, masala beans, spicy keema, puri and masala chai.
But that’s not all, Masala Chai Nashta, of course, also offer the good old “Angrez” breakfast, or English breakfast.
They pride themselves in the flavour of each and every dish served from the humble Masala Chai to the tantalising Lamb Keema served in their Desi Nashta Thali.
Fat Joe’s Sports Cafe in Barkingside is “the home of burgers and mocktails”. But, they also offer all-day breakfasts in the following four weight divisions:
- Light Weight – 1 egg, beans, 1 sausage, 1 rasher, mushroom, tomato, onions, 2 toast and 1 tea or coffee, £5.95
- Middle Weight – 2 eggs, beans, 2 sausages, 2 rashers, mushroom, tomato, onions, 1 hash brown, 2 toast and 1 tea or coffee, £7.95
- Heavy Weight – 2 eggs, beans, 2 sausages, 2 rashers, mushroom, tomato, onions, 2 hash browns, chips, 2 toast and 1 tea or coffee, £9.95
- Veggie Weight – 1 Egg Beans 2 Veg sausages Mushroom Tomato Onions 2 hash brown 2 toast, option of tea or coffee, £6.95
They even have an online ordering system where you can get up to date with prices and exclusive special offers that’s limited to online customers only.
Although renowned for their Halal food and Morrocan themed shisha lounge, they offer two types of all-day breakfasts:
- Non-Vegetarian – 2 bacon rashers (Halal turkey), 1 sausage, 2 eggs, beans, chips or hasbrown, 2 slices of toast, tea or coffee, £5.60
- Vegetarian – 2 veggie sausages, 2 eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans, chips or hashbrown, tea or coffee, £5.60
De Cafe Lounge,
14 Barking Rd,
London E6 3BP
T: +44 (0)20 8552 4442 | W: twitter.com/decafelounge
Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 9:00-20:00, Sun 11:00-20:00
Moral Cafe is a Turkish family-run establishment in Ilford that offers two types of breakfasts, English and Turkish, with plenty of variety that includes Menemen, Pogcha (soft pastry filled with feta cheese), Sucuklu Yumurta and Turkish tea, traditional Turkish dishes.
These range from £5.90 to £6.95
313 High Road,
Ilford IG1 1NR
T: +44 (0)20 8553 0055
Opening Hours: Fri CLOSED, Mon-Sun 8:00-19:00
In addition to being “the first halal pie café to open in the UK”, Pie Factory can cater for 50 people and serves the following breakfasts opposite the London Muslim Centre:
- Full English Breakfast – Sausage, turkey bacon, egg, hash brown, beans & toast,£4.50
- Indian Breakfast – Lamb mince bhuna, Indian omelette & paratha, £5.50
- Vegetarian Breakfast – Falafel, hash brown, beans & toast, £3.95
- Breakfast Roll – Turkey bacon & fried egg, £2.95
103 Whitechapel Road,
London E1 1JE
T: +44 (0)20 7375 0204 | W: www.piefactory.net
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 8:00-22:00
Pie Republic is another eatery that specialises in a large number of different pies. But, they do these two types of breakfasts too:
- Big Breakfast – 2 Sausages, 2 Rashers, 2 Eggs, 2 Hash Browns, 2 Toasts, Beans, Mushroom and Tomato, £7.95
- Mini Breakfast – 1 Sausage, 1 Rasher, 1 Egg, 1 Hash Brown, 1 Toast Beans, Mushrooms, £5.95
80 Upton Lane,
London, E7 9LW
T: +44 (0)20 8552 8245 | W: www.pierepublic.co.uk
Opening Hours: Mon-Thur 12:00-22:00, Fri 12:00-23:00, Sat 10:00-23:00, Sun 10:00-22:00
Le Délice is a cafe and restaurant inspired by Mediterranean Cuisine. Located in the heart of Walthamstow, it does a number of breakfasts such as:
- Le Delice Breakfast – Sausage, eggs, hash browns, turkey bacon, mushrooms, grilled tomato, baked beans, £5.00
- Vegetarian Breakfast – Veggie sausage, mushrooms, eggs, hash browns, baked beans, £5.00
- Poached Egg Breakfast – With green beans, butter beans & spinach on a toasted muffin with parsley, £6.00
- Breakfast Tagine – Layer of garlic potatoes & chickpeas covered with chunky tomato sauce, merguez sausage & poached eggs. £6.90
Sponsored by: Masala Chai Nashta