Halalnivore – Gourmet Meat Club (with FtL BBQ)
If you love meat, then you’re bound to love Halalnivore – a “Gourmet Meat Club” that offers to deliver the freshest quality cuts of meat straight to your door.
Having recently launched their website during the blessed month of Ramadan, Halalnivore’s delivery service (nationwide in the UK, including the Isle of Wight and the Scottish Highlands) is simple: any order placed before 12pm on a Tuesday will be delivered on Thursday the same week, otherwise the following Thursday.
And their website is as clean, appealing and as intuitively friendly as they come, with the following five curated meat boxes – each one more ambitious and more appealing than the last – to currently choose from:
- The Starter Box – 10 burgers & 4 steaks, £39.99
- The Burger Box – 30 beef burgers & 15 lamb burgers, £59.99
- The Steak Lover Box – 10 steaks, £69.99
- The Grill Box – 20 burgers, 10 steaks & 10 lamb chops , £109.99
- The Meat Lover Box – 30 burgers, 16 steaks, 10 lamb chops, 5 gigot chops & 2 lamb shanks, £169.99
Halalnivore also have a blog that’s certainly worth bookmarking called The Butchers Block which has unique steak rub ideas, as well as tips and methods for cooking your steaks to perfection.
Alas, temptation got the better of us. Having put in an order for The Grill Box on Monday, we promptly received our box, securely and expertly packaged, on the Thursday. We were especially impressed with the delivery service.
From the time we placed our order to the knock on the door, the entire process went smoothly and by the number.
With regular email notifications at each given stage – order confirmation, UPS delivery booking confirmation, delivery ETA, and delivery confirmation, we were delighted to receive the following:
Also, included therein were these smart little steak rub recipe cards:
The packaging was very well crafted too with hydrated ice blocks being used and protective insulation to make certain of the contents being kept at a constant temperature, thereby ensuring that the meat reached us ultra fresh.
The Grill Box – Contents
2 x 10oz Australian Rump Steaks & 4 x 6oz Lamb Rump Steaks
2 x 8ox Brazilian Sirloin Steaks
2 x 8oz Brazilian Rib-eye Steaks
2 x 7oz UK Beef Fillet Steaks
10 x 6oz Angus Beef Burgers & 10 x 5oz Lamb Burgers
10 x Lamb Cutlets
Now since this was named The Grill Box, it only made sense that we grill these.
And what better way to do that than a good old iftar barbecue.
In this case, Feed the Lion’s annual Ramadan BBQ:
When Halalnivore says that they are “sourcing high quality meat that is cut to perfection and is delivered fresh to your door”, and that the reason why they “use the word ‘Gourmet’ [is] because the meat we supply is used in fine dining restaurants”, you better believe it! The selection of cuts here are top notch; that’s all we have to say.
Halalnivore has a number of initiatives planned for the not too distant future that include:
- The development of a ‘build your own box’ section on their website.
- The launch of a subscription service where you’ll be able to receive a box of your choice every month; hence the term: Gourmet Meat Club.
- Expanding their portfolio to include a larger variety and cuts of meat, such as… *drum roll*… Wagyu beef!
- And the introduction of a ‘home box’ intended for everyday use that’ll have things like mince meat, chicken breasts, etc.
Now, take our word and give this company a try for yourselves! You won’t help, but be impressed.