Middle Eastern Stuffed Peppers
By Naz Muhammad
These stuffed peppers are a picture perfect accompaniment to any main meal.
They are stuffed with a bulgar wheat salad and seasoned delicately to keep them light and fresh.
- 5 medium red peppers halved with stalks on, and cleaned
- 100 grams of fine bulgar wheat
- 1 medium red onion finely sliced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- Half of a cucumber diced
- 1 carrot grated
- Seeds from half a pomegranate
- Half a mango diced
- 1 tbsp of chopped basil leaves
- 1 tbsp of chopped mint leaves
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Half a tsp of salt or to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Half a tsp of black pepper
- Large pinch of nigella seeds
- Lay the peppers on a baking tray and roast in a preheated oven at 240°C for 10 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
- Place the bulgar wheat in a large sieve and wash thoroughly with plenty of cold water. Shake off excess water.
- Soak in 1 cup of boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain and let it cool, then add to the salad ingredients; mix together in a bowl.
- Separately, whisk together the dressing and pour over the salad. Once the peppers have cooled, fill them with the salad. They can be served cold or at room temperature.
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!