Shola Kitchen supper club launches permanent site todayHALAL STATUS Fully Halal
A Pakistani chef will be presenting her supper club menu to a far wider audience today with the launch of a permanent site in west London.
The grand opening of Shola will see Chef Aida Khan serving the vibrant dishes of Karachi in her debut restaurant at the White City Place development (formerly owned by the BBC).
What makes this place different is that while the food will encompass the flavours, spices and colours of traditional Pakistani cuisine, the menu will revolve around the “healthy and light”.
This means that spices will be roasted on site and masalas made from scratch to ensure freshness.
With that in mind, some of the dishes you’re like to see, with some said to be passed down through her family, are:
- Chicken Hara Masala, marinated overnight in a fresh herb yogurt base.
- Beef Behari Kabab, six-hour slow cooked spiced beef flavoured with pepper, cardamom, cinnamon and chillies.
- Tamatar Kee Chutney – smashed tomatoes with a mix of curry leaves, roasted onion and coriander seeds.
- Khattee Daal, slow cooked mixture of lentils tempered with curry leaves and whole red chillies.
- Naan Khatai, a crumbly semolina and flour cookie, glazed and sprinkled with freshly chopped pistachios.
Aida has been quoted as saying that she is “essentially trying to change the way Pakistani food is portrayed and perceived in London”.
White City Place, 201 Wood Lane, White City, London W12 7TU.
Opening Hours: Sat-Sun CLOSED | Mon-Tue 11:00-16:00 | Wed-Fri 11:00-22:00