Egg Bhuna Curry – Shalima’s Kitchen
By Shalima’s Kitchen (@shalimaskitchen)
My egg bhuna curry is super easy to make and goes well with plain rice (and Bangladeshi lemons my parents brought back!). This is also very versatile dish, to the point that I made egg bhuna wraps with salad for my fussy children, which they more than enjoyed.
A well balanced dish and one which you can have on the table in no more than 20 minutes. Give it a go!
- 6 large free range eggs hard boiled (shells taken off and slight incision cuts around the egg from top to bottom)
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion grated
- 4 large cloves garlic grated
- 3 cloves of black garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 whole chillies
- 2 jalapeños thickly sliced
- 2 medium size tomatoes roughly sliced
- Handful of fresh coriander thinly chopped
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves split in half (gives better flavour when roughly torn apart)
- 1 cinnamon broken into half
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, extra hot chilli and madras curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin and coriander powder
- In a pan add the oil, once the oil heats up add grated garlic then onion, cardamom, bay leafs, cinnamon sticks and salt.
- Cook until gold in colour then add the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the the tomatoes, black garlic and chillies and let that cook medium-low heat until the tomatoes have softened.
- Once everything has incorporated, add the boiled eggs and fresh coriander and carefully mix everything together.
- Let that cook on a low heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with more chopped coriander and it’s ready eat!
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!