Hearty Halal Breakfasts in North London
It’s not for nothing that breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day, even more so, of course, when it’s Halal and healthy.
This meal ends the overnight fasting period and replenishes the supply of glucose, as well as other important nutrients, to keep our energy levels up right throughout the day.
So to help you kickstart yours, here’s a comprehensive list of restaurants and cafes across South London that offer good Halal breakfasts.
Angel Deli is a vibrant eatery with an amazing Halal menu. Aside from offering office catering and made-to-order cakes, etc., (using vegetarian gelatine) for weddings and parties, the cafe offers outstanding home-made roasts to satisfy its locals, in Chapel Market, and prides itself with Moroccan couscous tagines as its house specialty.
It also dishes up the following all-day breakfasts that include Halal beef sausages and turkey bacon:
- Quick Start £5.95 – Two fried eggs, bacon, sausage, beans & mushrooms or chips.
- Jumbo £6.95 – One fried egg, bacon, sausage, beef burger, grilled tomato, mushrooms, beans & chips or hash brown.
- Mixed Grill £6.95 – One fried Egg, beef burger, chicken kebab, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, chips or hash brown.
- Vegetarian £5.95 – Two fried eggs, mushrooms, grilled tomato, beans, hash brown and veggie sausage or two falafels.
- Egg Benedict £5.50 – Two toasted muffins, topped with two poached eggs, covered in rich hollandaise sauce with one filling of your choice: bacon, smoked salmon or spinach; served with tea or coffee.
While pork is also on the menu, owner Eddine has assured that this is prepared entirely separately, using dedicated utensils, so as to ensure zero cross contamination. Eddine told FtL that this is a responsibility he, as a Muslim, “takes very seriously”.
56 Chapel Market,
Angel, London N1 0RW
T: +44 (0)20 7833 1114 | W: www.angeldeli.co.uk
Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 7:30-17:00 | Sun 8:30-16:00
Chef’s Kitchen is an entirely Halal cafe in Willesden with an assortment of dishes that range from Soups of the Day, jacket potatoes, fish and chips, burgers, stir-fried noodles, Paninis, stone-baked pizzas, and even lamb, chicken or veg curries.
It also offers a Lunch Specials menu for £4.99 that can be ordered through text (minimum delivery order £9.98).
Its breakfasts are served with tea or coffee: Full English, Continental, Vegetarian, Smoked Salmon (with scrambled egg and grilled baguette), or Omelette (plain or filled with chips or salad) for £5.99 each.
Chef’s Kitchen provides a catering service that covers events and parties.
97 High Road, Willesden,
London NW10 2SL
T: +44 (0)20 86170082 | +44 (0)7940 590 115 | E: [email protected]
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00-18:00 | Sat 8:00-18:00 | Sun 9:00-17:00
Located within a beautiful park overlooking a great skyline of North West London, Django Lounge is a hidden gem revolving around relaxation, chilled vibes and, of course, Halal breakfasts, which include, among other options:
- Big Breakfast £5.30 – 2 fried eggs, 2 turkey bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, grilled tomato, hash brown, 2 toasts
- Django Breakfast £5.00 – 2 scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, beans, mushroom, tomato, hash brown, whole meal toast and add a healthy bowl of porridge for an extra £1.50
- Vegetarian Breakfast £4.30
Dorset Café is an eatery with a Moroccan twist. Its owner, who used to run the now defunct Moroccan restaurant Bogayo in Shoreditch, has said that although pork is served on the premises, with two separate grills and with chefs using gloves and separate utensils for its preparation, their’s zero risk of any cross contamination.
Their Halal Breakfast is £5.50, and includes: Turkey rashers, Merguez sausages, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, hash brown and toast with the option of fried, and scrambled or poached eggs for an extra £0.50.
They also offer Egg Benedict, and Eggs Florentine for £5.00 each, as well as Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon, and Eggs Benedict Royal for £5.50 each.
27 Melcombe Street,
London NW1 6AG
T: +44 (0)20 7935 7502 | E: [email protected]
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00-18:00 | Sat-Sun 8:00-16:00
Moroccan Menu Hours: Tue-Sat 18:00-22:00
The Barrel Boulangerie is a fully Halal restaurant in Hoxton that’s spacious, and offers a Veggie Breakfast for £6.50 that includes: Organic free range eggs, vegetarian sausages, grilled vine tomatoes, mushroom, rosemary cherry tomatoes served on rye bread.
In addition, it offers: Mediterranean Breakfast £6.90, Croque Monsieur £6.50, Croque Madam £6.70, and an Egg Benedict £6.70.
The Barrel Boulangerie
110-112 Hoxton Street, Hoxton,
London N1 6SH
T: +44 (0)20 7683 0353 | E: [email protected]
Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 8:00-22:00 | Sun 9:00-22:00
Coffee Break is a Turkish eatery in Wood Green that opens as early as 6am for all those early risers.
While its Special Breakfast is all served with Turkish bread, tomato, cucumber, feta cheese & olives, coffee, Latte Capuccino or tea, and jam and butter (£6.90), it also serves up:
- Sahanda Yumurta £5.20 – Pan fried eggs in butter.
- Sahanda Yumurta Peynirli £5.90 – Pan fried eggs in butter with cheese.
- Sahanda Yumurta Sucuklu £5.90 – Pan fried eggs in butter with sucuk (garlic sausage).
- Menemen Mediterranean Omelette £6.90 – with feta cheese or sucuk.
While there is pork on the menu, we’ve been told by the owner that two grills are used to ensure that all pork is cooked entirely separately with no chance of cross contamination.
37B Station Road,
London N22 6AF
T: +44 (0)20 8888 8806
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 6:00-19:00 | Sat-Sun 7:00-19:00
ShakeShuka was founded by Haleem Kherallah from Palestian and aims to serve “the most authentic dishes to the streets of Marylebone”. The concept originates from his mother’s recipes and the fresh local ingredients found in his homeland of Palestine.
This is said to be “the first Palestinian restaurant in London”. As such, it offers a unique Palestinian breakfast called the Shakeshuka Traditional which, for £5.50, includes egg mixed with onion, garlic, tomato and herbs.
Black Tap Coffee’s breakfasts are all available every day until 6pm.
Although pork is served on the menu, the owner has said that not only is the bacon and pork sausages cooked entirely separately, but that a substitute for both can be provided, such as Sucuk, in their place.
- Full English £6.45 – 2 eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, hash brown, beans, tomato, toast, tea or coffee
- Full Veg £6.45 – veg burger, veg sausage, egg, mushroom, hash brown, tomato, beans, toast, tea or coffee
- Good Morning Wood Green £5.45 – 1 fried egg, bacon, sausage, mushroom, hash brown, beans, toast, tea or coffee
- Turkish Breakfast £6.90 – sucuk, 2 eggs, feta cheese, salad, tea or coffee
Black Tap Coffee
2 Gladstone Avenue,
London N22 6JS
T: +44 (0)20 8888 9011
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 7:00-22:00