50% off Indian street food at Mowgli in Sheffield todayHALAL STATUS Fully Halal food menu • Alcohol served
Well established modern restaurant chain Mowgli are putting up a generous launch discount when it opens later today in Sheffield.
The Indian brand, who offer a fully Halal food menu, are offering 50% off all food for tables upto 6 (excluding Saturdays) until 28 April.
Specialising in Indian street food, this 100-cover venue will be Mowgli’s eighth with a few more planned for 2019.
Having given up a 20-year career as a full time Barrister, Mowgli’s founder Nisha Katona opened her first in Liverpool in 2014, with a second less than a year later in Manchester.
And she hasn’t looked back since, with Mowgli being awarded a placement in The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 list in 2018, before Nisha was recognised with an MBE this year in the New Year Honours list for services to the Food Industry.
The restaurant’s menu is quite extensive and hallmarked by dishes that are simple but said to “convey the truth that real Indian food is extremely healthy, often vegan and always packed with fresh flavour”.
Split up into six sections: Street Chaat, Street Meats, Tiffin Boxes for One, The Hindu Kitchen, The House Kitchen, and Carbs, some dishes to look out for would be:
- “The heart of Mowgli” Yoghurt Chat Bombs – Crisp bread puffs filled with chickpeas, spiced yoghurt, tamarind & coriander.
- Himalayan Cheese Toast – Coriander, red onion & green chilli dressing, sharp cheddar & served with Indian pickle.
- Mother Butter Chicken – Tandoori chicken pieces simmered in a rich, sweet, spiced tomato & yoghurt sauce finished with a gloss of butter.
- Mowgli House Keema – Succulent ground lamb, roast cumin, cloves, peas, cinnamon, nutmeg, tomatoes & pulses simmered for hours
- Green Ginger & Rhubarb Dahl – Tangy & sweet green mung lentils simmered with cumin, ginger & rhubarb.
- “Staff favourite” Mowgli Paneer – Cubes of soft paneer cheese simmered with velvety sweet, spiced tomatoes, garden peas & fresh spinach.
As for the Tiffin Boxes, then the Office Worker’s box comprises of 4 tiers of meat, veg & carb “chosen by [the] chef as it is in India”.
Mowgli is planning to open at least two more this year, namely Cardiff and Leicester, respectively.
631 Ecclesall Road, Sheffield, S11 8PT.
Opening Hours: Sun-Wed 12:00-21:30 Thur-Sat 12:00-22:30