Amanda ‘Masterchef’ Saab’s Blood Orange Curd Tart
By Amanda Saab
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Blood Orange Curd
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup blood orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 9 inch tart round with non stick spray
- In a bowl, mix together melted butter, flour, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the tart pan and use a measuring cup to help push the dough into the sides of the pan.
- Allow the dough to rest in the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Once cooled, prick with a fork all over the surface of the crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Blood Orange Curd
- In a stand mixture, combine butter and sugar, until light and airy. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between each addition.
- Mix in the blood orange juice, lemon juice, zest and salt.
- Pour the mixture into a heavy bottom sauce pan and heat on med-low heat stirring constantly for 10-12 min.
- Once the curd is thickened, remove from heat and allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Use an electric mixture to mix the heavy cream and lemon zest until thick and fluffy
- Pour the blood orange curd into the cooled tart crust. Spread evenly
- Allow the curd to set in the crust for 10 min in the refrigerator.
- Top with whipping topping and enjoy :)
If you’d like to share your recipes with us on Feed the Lion, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!