Celebrate British Pie Week 2017 at Pie Factory
THIS PLACE HAS SINCE CLOSED DOWN!
This year, Feed the Lion joins the country’s first Halal pie café, Pie Factory, to celebrate British Pie Week that kicks off today.
It’s been a decade since British Pie Week first encouraged Britons to enjoy this quintessential British staple during the first full week of March.
And for Muslims, what better place to join the rest of the country’s pie-lovers than at Pie Factory – a cafe which sources all its meat and poultry from HMC-approved suppliers.
Conveniently located opposite East London’s London Muslim Centre on Whitechapel Road, and close to Aldgate East and Whitechapel stations, this modern eatery has a relaxed environment and is the place to be for friends and family this British Pie Week.
Pie Factory offers a variety of delicious pies, including some exciting fusion recipes that combine traditional pies with international and Indian-inspired ones – all freshly prepared and meticulously made on site every day, seven days a week, from 8am till 10pm.
With a capacity of 50 seats, this spacious café not only offers the tried and trusted traditional pies:
- Chicken and Mushroom £5.95 – Breast of chicken cooked mushrooms in a smooth creamy white sauce. Served with gravy and choice of two side dishes.
- Shepherds Pie £5.95 – Tender meat cooked with aromatic herbs topped with potatoes and cheese. Served with gravy and choice of two side dishes.
- Fish Pie £5.95 – Fillets of cod and leek cooked in a creamy mild sauce. Served with gravy and choice of two side dishes.
- Spinach & Feta £5.50 – Feta, spinach and garlic in a beautiful béchamel sauce. Served with gravy and choice of two side dishes.
But, also these scrumptious Speciality Pies:
- Steak & Mushroom £6.25 – Tender diced steak with mushrooms cooked with mild spices. Served with gravy and choice of two side dishes.
- Chicken Tikka Masala £6.25 – Succulent chicken tikka pieces cooked in medium dry sauce. Served with gravy and choice of two side dishes.
- Kofta Pie £6.25 – Aromatic meat balls cooked in medium dry sauce. Served with gravy and choice of two side dishes.
- Very Hot Pie £6.25 – Minced meat cooked with peas in a very hot secret spice. Served with gravy and choice of two side dishes.
All of which comes with three types of gravy:
- Traditional Parsley – Homemade traditional parsley sauce to complement meat, fish or vegetable dishes.
- Classic Onion – An onion gravy is the best accompaniment to many great British dishes.
- Plain & Simple – The original gravy sauce adds to the flavour.
In addition, Pie Factory has a number of sides to choose from too:
- Mash Potatoes – Traditional mash potatoes made from the finest British potatoes.
- Spicy Mash Potatoes – Traditional mash potatoes made from the finest British potatoes with a spicy chilli kick.
- ‘Mushy’ Peas – Homemade mushy peas with herbs and seasoning.
- Potato Wedges – Crispy potato wedges made only from British potatoes.
- Roast Vegetables – Generous portion of healthy vegetables.
And to wash things down, there’s 12 types of hot drinks that include a variety of coffees, Masala Tea, Moroccan Mint Tea, and even shakes.
And that’s not all, because FtL is pleased to announce that not only is Pie Factory in the process of renewing and improving their already fantastic menu, but also on course to open a brand new branch on Cranbrook Road in Ilford later this year in April.
To be kept fully updated, make sure you join and Like their Facebook page, now!
In the meantime, join the rest of the country for British Pie Week 2017.
103 Whitechapel Rd, London E1 1JE
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 10:00-22:00
Sponsored by: Pie Factory