One Pot Chicken Wonder – One Man & His Cooker
This one pot wonder is a quick and easy dish that anyone can master!
Using one pot means it is so easy to make and very convenient. All the ingredients complement each other and give out bursts of flavour. For a quick and easy recipe give this one a try.
- 5 chicken thighs
- 110g Turkey chorizo
- 1 tsp of garlic butter
- 1 red onion
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Small handful of parsley (stalks included)
- 1 red pepper
- 300g rice
- 600ml chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Season chicken with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Fry chorizo in a pan, once cooked remove in a separate bowl.
- Add some garlic butter to the chorizo oil and place chicken thighs skin side down. Cook until skin side is crispy and then flip until cooked through.
- Remove chicken, add chopped onion, garlic and parsley stalks to the pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add chopped pepper and turmeric, soften and then add the chorizo back into the pan.
- Add rice and stir together. Add chicken stock to pan.
- Place cooked chicken on top, bring to a boil and then cover and simmer until the rice is cooked. Check every 5 minutes adding water if required.
- Once rice is soft stir in frozen peas. Sprinkle with parsley leaves and chilli flakes.Serve with flat bread and aioli.
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!