National Kebab Day – Adana Kebab by @kula_chakula
Originating from the city of Adana in Turkey, this moist and delicious kebab recipe is perfect for National Kebab Day tomorrow on 10 July.
The secret behind a good Adana kebab lies in the few different types of peppers used. That’s how the taste is derived.
I went with butter and dill rice on this occasion, but you may want yours with a lovely seasoned salad. The choice is yours!
- 250 gram minced beef or lamb
- 1 green chilli
- 1 paprika pepper
- 1/3 sweet red pepper
- 4 green poblano peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of sumac (pomegranate powder)
- 2 tablespoon of oil ( If your meat is already fatty then that’s great no need to add the oil)
- Chop all your peppers together and put it to one side.
- Add your salt, red chilli flakes, sumac, and oil (optional) together and mix well.
- Once you have done your first step, continue by adding all your peppers to your meat and knead until all your ingredients have been incorporated.
- A useful tip; soak your skewers in water (if you are using wooden ones). This helps the sides from burning.
- Add your meat to your skewers and grill for approximately 10 mins each side. And it’s ready to be eaten. If you are using a BBQ then give your kebabs at least 5-7 mins on each side!
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!