Maash Ki Daal (Urid Lentils) – The Scotistani Cooks
By The Scotistani Cooks (@the.scotistani.cooks)
Maash Ki Daal! I was craving this absolutely lush Daal. It’s amazingly tasty and just so quick and simple to rustle up.
- 1 cup Urid lentils (white lentils)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1″ ginger sliced (crushed)
- 2 green chillies (crushed)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbs coriander perfect
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste )
- hand full of chopped coriander
- Wash the lentils and soak for approx 1-2hrs.
- In a pan heat up some cooking oil and fry onions until they are translucent.
- Add in the ginger, garlic and green chillies fry for 2-3mins.
- Now add in the tomatoes and continue to cook for 3-4mins.
- Now add in all the powdered spices and cumin seeds.
- Cook for 2-3mins now add in the drained lentils.
- Cook until you see the oil surface in the pan.
- Add in one small cup of water, turn the heat down and simmer for 10mins.
- Dry up the water based on the consistency you like.
- Sprinkle in the chopped coriander and you are done!
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!