Pistachios Coated Escalopes – Lina Saad
A delicious and succulent chicken strip coated with crisp golden bread crumbs and crunchy pistachios.
Award-winning author and food cook Lina Saad brings you a combination that elevates the whole experience into a new dimension.
- 500g chicken strips or chicken breast that you can cut into half and then diagonal into strips.
- 80g mayonnaise.
- 2tbsp fajita spices (any supermarket).
- juice of 1 clementine or orange.
- juice of 1 lemon.
- 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- 200g ground pistachios (you can buy whole ones and then put into a food processor to be added and mixed into the golden bread crumbs).
- 300g golden bread crumbs or you can put some rice crispies into a food processor with 2tbsp of flour and 1tbsp of fajita spice and then coat the marinated chicken strips.
- Marinade the chicken strips with the spices, mayonnaise and citrus juices; leave in the fridge for about three hours or over night if possible.
- Into a food processor ground coarsely the pistachios and keep on the side to use as a coating.
- If you are planning to cut things short and use bread crumbs then mix the pistachios into them and coat the chicken strips.
- If you want to use another coating, then in a food processor grind 2 cups of original cornflakes or rice crispies with 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, salt and some fajita spices. Grind them until all become fine like a sand mixture and add the pistachios into it. Now you may coat the chicken strips.
- You can either cook in the oven with a bit of oil or shallow fry in some vegetable oil.
- Served with green salad and some siararcha sauce.
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!