MyLahore grand debuts in London Barking todayAdvertisement HALAL STATUS Fully Halal
The “original British Asian Kitchen” will finally be serving London the exciting flavours of Pakistan when it launches later this afternoon.
Having enjoyed widespread praise following a soft opening evening this week, MyLahore, which takes over from Frankie & Benny’s, will be introducing its eclectic menu to Barking.
Located on Jenkins Lane, the 150-cover restaurant is a huge one, mirroring the capacity of its sister-branch in Manchester, and will be celebrating its grand opening at 4pm.
The menu is a mixture of traditional Asian curries, flame grilled burgers and steaks, as well as pasta and lasagne, paninis and wraps, and even stir fries, all followed by a variety of traditional desserts.
Some dishes to look out for from the aforementioned categories include:
- Chicken Fillet Steak – 8oz prime chicken fillet coated in herbs and flame grilled. Served with creamy peppercorn sauce, mash and mixed veg, with an additional choice of any side order.
- Butter Chicken – Boneless pieces of chicken thigh cooked in a creamy rich sauce made with tomatoes and butter.
- Sindhi Biryani – Long grain aromatic basmati rice with mouth watering herbs and spices, steam cooked with fresh lime, green chillies, mint and coriander.
- Baked Parmesan – Butterflied chicken breast in breadcrumbs, oven cooked and topped with onions, peppers, spicy mutton mince and MyLahore special sauce, before being sprinkled with cheddar cheese and jalapenos.
- Chicken Straganoff – A classic Russian dish with chicken breast sauteed in rich creamy sauce with mushrooms. Served with a choice of noodles, rice or fries.
Having launched in Bradford in 2002 by cousins Asghar Ali and Shakoor Ahmed, the brand also has venues in Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham.
2 Jenkins Ln, Barking, London IG11 0AD.
Opening Hours: TBC