Ginger Chicken Curry – The Scotistani Cooks
By The Scotistani Cooks (@the.scotistani.cooks)
Ginger Chicken Curry is one of my all time favourites. Spicy and flavourful, it just hits all the right notes.
This may look like a complicated dish, but it’s not. Be sure to give this delicious rich curry a go.
- 1kg chicken breast (diced into cubes)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic, one stem of ginger and 5-6 green chillies (mashed up)
- 3 tomatoes (diced)
- 3 tbl of yogurt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large cooking pan to medium to hit heat.
- Add in the onions, fry until they are golden brown.
- Chuck in the garlic, ginger and chilli mash up, again, cook till brown.
- Add in the chicken and cook.
- Toss in the tomatoes, cook for a few mins until they soften up.
- Sprinkle in all the spices and continue to cook for 10mins to allow the oil to release.
- Continue to cook until chicken is cooked though and the oil begins to resurface.
- Add in the yoghurt and continue to cook until the colour of the curry returns to a reddish colour.
- Finally sprinkle in the garam masala, coriander and some more finely chopped ginger and your done!
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!