Masala Fish Curry – The Scotistani Cooks
By The Scotistani Cooks (@the.scotistani.cooks)
Masala Fish! One of my favourite recipes taught to me by my lovely sister. This Masala Fish recipe bursts with authentic South Asian flavours that are rich and fulfilling. A blend of soft succulent pieces of fish coated in a deliciously tomato masala sauce!
Pair this delicious curry with either boiled basmati rice, naan or chapattis for an amazing home-cooked meal that will be a hit with all the family.
- 2 onions (diced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2″ stem of ginger(mashed up)
- 1 bulb garlic (mashed up)
- 6 green chillies (mashed up)
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 tbs red chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tbs corriander powder (coarsely ground)
- 1 tbs cumin seeds
- 1 star aneese
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- ½ stick of cinnamon
- 1 black cardamom
- 6 pieces of haddock fish
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsb kasori methi
- And a handful of chopped corriander
- Cut the fish into large cubes and coat with the corn starch.
- Next in a pan fry the fish pieces in some oil until they are crispy/light brown.
- Drain the excess oil place on a tray and set aside for later.
- Heat up some oil/ghee and fry the onions until they are golden brown.
- Add in the garlic, ginger and chilli – mash up and fry for 5min.
- Add an all the spices and cook for approximately 10min.
- Now add in the tomatoes and tomato paste, and continue to cook until the oil surfaces.
- Add in the pieces of fish. Gently stir/ fold into the masala.
- Add in the chopped coriander, then add in the kasori methi.
- Finally, sprinkle in the garam masala and you are done.
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!